Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lightning Strike

The flash was blinding and the thunder seemed instantaneous,,,that is of course because a tree in the paddock beside the house got hit. It certainly shook me as I was out in the rain at the time busily going about the yard. It sounded like someone had ripped a hole in the forest. There was this tearing sound and it felt like I was bristling all over. Just like I do most mornings when I first open my eyes ,except I had been up four hours. I called out to Carol to check if she had been struck,,,,got the OK and asked her to fetch me the toilet paper. I looked over towards the sound and saw a large puff of smoke. So in a flash I was off to investigate confident in the knowledge that lightning never strikes the same place twice,,,ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment